Friday, July 08, 2005

You Spin me right round baby:

The ugliest Dj in the world is causing me to wriggle in my pants with his new track First Day. His site is spinning his new disc for zip.

My intial reaction to the first release from Antony & the Johnsons was a quick dismissal as annoying and flat. However after the disc floated across my desk and repeated listens i've completely changed my tune. The vocal quality that annoyed me at first i now see with delicate beauty and the songs tell little stories of life and wishes and fishes.

The LCD Soundsystem are everything i like in a band. Experimental and different.

I'd given up on Buck 65 after loving the previous album so much. The new one has just arrived and on first listen it too has hooked me. Swampy, folky, hip hop.

Twin Freaks is Paul McCartney handing his back catalogue over to the Freelance Hellraiser for a complete reworking.

That is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home