Friday, January 09, 2004

Look:

My complete loathing of Starbucks is nothing new. The fact that i require physical restraint when within 200m of one of the mindless franchises that sucks the life out of small business and is infecting society like Tommy did Pamela has been noted previously. Which is why i can't believe i am about to write this.

I threw up this piece of 10110011010 that is titled GBU to show people what i was into. What floated my boat and put the wind in my sails and, to coninue the nautical analogy, placed an uncharted reef beneath me and caused me to empty the bilge when required.

The point is this - I like to know what stuff the people i read and listen to are into. I would love to know what the Stones, Beach Boys and Tom Morello listen to. And now someone has come out and made it possible. Who is it? Yep you guessed it Starbucks.

Just like a virus they have mutated into a new form inorder to infect those who were previously immune (ie Me!). Starbucks' Hear Music line has produced a series of Artist Choice CDs allowing us plebs to find out what tunes inspire, ammuse and are enjoyed by such luminaries as The Rolling Stones, Tony Bennett, Arethra Franklin and Johnny Cash. The worst thing? The CDs seem really good with some truly eclectic track selection. So good that even i'm tempted. Fuckers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home